- 979 XFM
- KJ Country
- Local News
- The Team
- Contact Us
- Listen Live!
Diabetes Support Group
The public is invited to attend a Diabetes Support Group meeting at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital. This event will be held on Monday, September 9 in the St. Anthony Room.
The welcome session begins at 5:30 p.m. followed by the educational session led by Jim Murphy, a member of the A1C Champions® Program, which is a patient-led approach to diabetes education. He will share diabetes self-management and lifestyle strategies based on extensive training and his personal experience living with diabetes.
Murphy will cover topics including:
· Achieving good glucose control.
· Learning about effective self-management.
· Developing a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
· Planning and prioritizing diabetes management.
· Overcoming fears surrounding diabetes.
· Finding resources for diabetes support.
For more information about the Diabetes Support Group, please contact Carole Corder, Certified Diabetes Educator at St. Anthony’s, at 347-1346.