Hospital Issues Flu Season Visitor Guidelines
Published on January 4 2013 4:01 pm
Last Updated on January 4 2013 4:01 pm
Written by Greg Sapp
With flu activity now classified as widespread in Illinois, visitors to St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital are reminded of the important role everyone plays in guarding patient safety. St. Anthony’s is providing respiratory etiquette stations at hospital entrances, which have tissues, masks, and sanitizing hand gel for visitors. There also are posters at the entrances outlining hospital visitor guidelines.
During this flu season, St. Anthony’s highly recommends the following visiting guidelines:
· DO NOT visit hospital patients if you:
- Have a cold or any flu-like symptoms including fever or chills, sore throat, body or muscle aches, headache, cough or runny nose.
- Are under age 18 years of age.
- Are a pregnant woman.
· A limit of only two people should visit a patient at any one time.
· As always, soap and hand sanitizers should be used when entering and leaving a patient’s room.
For more information about the flu, visit www.flu.gov.