House Fire at Watson
Published on February 28 2014 9:20 am
Last Updated on February 28 2014 9:20 am
Written by Greg Sapp
Firefighters were out Thursday night for a house fire at Watson.
Watson firefighters were called to the Jay Burke residence along Illinois Route 37 at 7:20pm. Watson Fire Chief Matt Kulesza said there were reports of flames showing so he pulled a full still, bringing in fire companies from Teutopolis, Montrose, Dieterich and Edgewood Bi-County to the scene and Shumway and Altamont companies staffing the Watson station.
Kulesza said the first arriving company saw heavy fire at the roof line. Once inside, firefighters found they had a chimney fire to handle. Roof and interior crews put out the fire, and smoke was removed from the home. Kulesza said the occupants were instructed to have the chimney checked before they have another fire in the fireplace.
No one was injured and damaged was termed minimal. Fire crews cleared the scene at 8:30pm.